Quality services to Indigenous Australians
Centrelink’s commitment to providing quality services to Indigenous communities has been highlighted by the Indigenous Servicing Strategy, Minister for Community Services, Larry Anthony said today.
“The Strategy is built around six core principles:
- To improve services, access and information for Indigenous customers and communities;
- To create opportunities for Indigenous customers and communities to increase social and economic well-being;
- To work with Indigenous communities to build stronger families and communities;
- To value cultural awareness and shared purpose;
- To commit to partnerships and holistic solutions for Indigenous customers and communities; and
- To influence policy processes and link service delivery innovation across Government for Indigenous customers and communities.
“Working in partnership with client departments and Indigenous communities, Centrelink is committing to developing and implementing integrated services that meet their needs.
“Centrelink will implement the Indigenous Servicing Strategy into all of their strategic operations.
“There are a number of programs currently delivered by Centrelink that will be reviewed, such as the Indigenous Youth Strategy and the Indigenous Domestic and Family Violence Strategy.
“Centrelink and the Coalition Government are committed to providing quality, whole of Government services to all Australians,” Mr Anthony said.