Cyclone Larry assistance
- Ex-gratia payments to people whose family home was destroyed or uninhabitable for at least two weeks. The relief amounts to $1000 per eligible adult and $400 per eligible child.
- A further $1 million to the Cyclone Larry Relief Fund. The Queensland Government has matched that donation with an additional $1 million,
- For eligible farmers and small businesses, a one-off income support program equivalent to the Newstart Allowance for six months.
- A one-off grant of $10,000 tax-free is available for existing small and home-based businesses, including farmers and tourism operators, adversely affected by the cyclone.
- Farmers and small businesses will also have access to concessional loans to re-establish their enterprises. Loans of up to $200,000 under the Natural Disaster Relief Arrangements will be available.
- An initial advance of up to $40 million has been agreed for Queensland this financial year under the Natural Disaster Relief Arrangements.
For people wanting more information they can contact the Australian Government on its Cyclone Larry Relief Hotline: 1802 002.
- Cyclone Larry Relief Hotline: 1802 002
- Queensland Police Hotline: 1800 100 188
- Queensland Community Services: 1800 440 074