Last Chance to Nominate for EOWA Business Awards
Tanya Plibersek today called on outstanding Australian organisations to nominate for a 2009 EOWA Business Achievement Award, with applications closing this week.
The Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency’s EOWA) Business Achievement Awards recognise organisations that are at the forefront of driving change for more equitable workplaces.
“The EOWA Business Achievement Awards are part of the Rudd Government’s agenda to improve social and economic outcomes for Australian women,” Ms Plibersek said.
“Australia’s economic recovery relies on every person being able to contribute regardless of their gender, life experience and caring responsibilities.
“The Government applauds employers who understand and embrace the valuable contribution that women make to their business.”
In 2009, organisations can nominate for an award in eight categories:
- Leading CEO for the Advancement of Women;
- Diversity Leader for the Advancement of Women;
- Leading Organisation for the Advancement of Women (<800 employees);
- Leading Organisation for the Advancement of Women (>800 employees);
- Outstanding Initiative and/or Result for the Advancement of Women;
- Outstanding Workplace Flexibility Achieved through Job Design;
- Outstanding Equal Employment Opportunity practice for the Advancement of Women in a Non-Traditional Area/Role; and
- The Minister’s Award for Outstanding Equal Employment Opportunity Practice in one of the following areas:
- Advancement of Indigenous Women;
- Advancement of Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Women; or
- Action towards the Elimination of Occupational Segregation of Women in Lower Paying Roles/Action towards the Elimination of the Gender Pay Gap.
Applications for the EOWA Business Achievement Awards will close on 31 July 2009.
Nomination forms are available at EOWA (www.eowa.gov.au).