Nominations for 2017 National Disability Awards Open
The Hon Jane Prentice MP, Assistant Minister for Social Services and Disability Services has announced that nominations are now open for the 2017 National Disability Awards.
Individuals, workplaces, and service providers, who have improved the lives of Australians with disability, are encouraged to submit a nomination for the Awards before 6 August 2017.
Mrs Prentice said the Awards seek to highlight the achievements in reducing social discrimination and to bring positive changes for people with disability.
“People with disability and those who work to support them are producing amazing programs and projects every day to enrich lives across the nation, and it is extremely important that we recognise their remarkable achievements,” she said.
The 2017 Awards, to be announced at a ceremony in Canberra on 3 December 2017, will showcase best practice in five award categories:
- Lesley Hall Leadership Award – recognises excellence in development of reform opportunities that improve the lives of people with disability.
- Employer of the Year Award – recognises excellence in workforce diversity by providing sustainable employment opportunities for people with disability.
- Community Excellence Award – recognises excellence in improving access and participation in Australian life for people with disability.
- Excellence in Innovation Award – recognises excellence in innovation in services, places, communities or accessible technologies to improve the lives of people with disability.
- Excellence in Education and Training Award – recognises excellence in inclusive education or vocational training that delivers improved economic and social outcomes for people with disability.
The Awards are part of the Australian Government’s International Day of People with Disability, a United Nations (UN) sanctioned day celebrated each year on 3 December.
To submit a nomination visit www.idpwd.com.au.